Wednesday, 5 April 2017

Men's fashions. For me, it stops here, and it stops now. Again. #DadDirt



You know that you are a Great British Dad...
...when your wardrobe is done.


The button down collar shirts are now a thing again?

Like 1994 and 1998?

And after that I lost track.

I wasn't even on track.

This is where I get off.

I noticed but never cared, but now I actively want whatever is "not".

When I was growing up, the 40-something men on TV (and making TV) all wore Pringle sweaters.

Val Doonican, Tarby, Brucie, The Ronnies.

That is where they drew the (V-neck) line in what they wear and stuck with that for the rest of their lives.

If I could get my wardrobe down to a smock, I would.

But the High-Street brands would still try to put on some nonsense or buttons.

Smock hems are in.
Now they're not.

They know we're tired of fitting in, but don't want to be sticking out.


Previous post...
We can all learn something from Leroy from FAME #DadDirt


A complete guide to my Dad Dirt is coming together here

All about me, and getting these by email.