Thursday, 27 April 2017

My Wife vs the naked plasterer #DadDirt



You know that you are a Great British Dad when...
...other men remind you of your place.


ME and the LONG-SUFFERING WIFE (LSW) are in sleeping bags. In a tent. With the kids playing outside.

LSW:
Had another weird dream.

ME:
Was it about the house?
I bet it was about the house.

LSW:
We had a plasterer in and he was this really nice man. You know, professional but friendly. And you could tell from the way he was talking that he was good at his job.

ME:
I know I look tense. I know there’s a but.

LSW:
But he was naked.

ME:
Why do you always take so long to get to the but.

LSW:
Not at the start - he arrived in shorts.

ME:
Big shorts.

LSW:
No. Little you know barely-there shorts.
He’s a little brown man who does plastering with no clothes on.

Long pause.

ME:
Was the plastering any good?

LSW:
I don’t know. I didn’t actually see him do any plastering.


Previous post...
The Cathedral and The Bus Stop on Google Maps #DadDirt


A complete guide to my Dad Dirt is coming together here

All about me, and getting these by email.