Tuesday, 11 July 2017

Daddy, why do women say our names out loud in front of everyone? #DadDirt



You know that you are a Great British Dad when...
you know that all your power comes from secrecy.


I’m in the discount supermarket rifling through solar lights with my 8 year-old son.

SON
Daddy. Why do women say our names out loud in front of everyone?

ME
What, out in public?

SON
Yeah. I don’t want people knowing my name.

ME
Huh.
Me neither. I don’t know why. It’s so we can stay secret.

SON
Yes. I want that.

ME
I think that’s called “competitive edge”.
We don’t like our names said out loud because it means that strangers will have one up on us.

Men don’t even say their names to each other.
When they’re out and about.
I don’t know why.
We just don’t like it.

We try to keep all information close.
Because it helps us win.

SON
We don’t want that spread all over the place.

ME
No we don’t.

SON
I won’t tell anyone.


Previous post...
Getting rid of my dead Mum's clothes. #DadDirt


All about me, and getting these by email.