Sunday, 9 July 2017

Ideas to improve cupboards in our house for the 2020s #DadDirt



You know that you are a Great British Dad when...
...you insist on a strategy for continuous improvement in your home.


I’m reading from a yellow legal pad to my Long-Suffering Wife (LSW), who is trying to watch the Grand Designs I haven’t deleted off the box.

ME
I’ve worked on some ideas to improve all the cupboards in our house.

Cupboards are based on the way we lived our life in the 1930’s.

I’ve got to bring them into the 2020’s.

Make them work for us.


I straighten out the list.

ME
Ideas to improve cupboards in our house for 2017.

1.
High cupboards to store gadgets and contraband
(biscuits, chocolate multipacks, PS3 games etc)
Like a mini panic room for the bad stuff.

2.
A cupboard full of tables.
Every surface in the house becomes storage for the 3D to do list we’ve always got going.

Some tools, final demands from the water company, school projects, fruit, earphones, bits for the next pilates - it’s all there.

On display.
As mess.
I want a cupboard full of table tops.

Which itself has a table top.

That will be covered in stuff - the most important stuff that’s being put off.

That’s it.
That’s all I need.
It’s very primal.
I bet there was a bit of the cave that was full of junk in caveman times.

3.
A walk-in cupboard.
So you can see all our stuff at eye-level.

LSW
You mean a room.
What you’re describing is a room.

ME
That's got all our rubbish in.


Previous post...
LIVE LIKE A 6 YEAR OLD - mindfulness and relaxation from a six year old #DadDirt


All about me, and getting these by email.